Safe Skin at Work
SAFETY IS A NUMBER ONE PRIORITY FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES
You make sure they have personal protective equipment every day to prevent injuries on the job. But what about their skin? The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared that ultraviolet radiation in the sun’s rays is a known human carcinogen and is considered as dangerous as arsenic and nicotine. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has recognized that safe workplaces promote ways to protect workers’ skin from harmful ultraviolet radiation.
Outdoor Worker Risks
- Receive up to 8 times more UV radiation than indoor workers
- Have a 60% greater risk of developing skin cancer.
- Many workplaces do not have policies or practices in place to protect their workers.
LET IMPACT MELANOMA HELP YOU LEARN MORE WAYS TO MAKE YOUR WORKPLACE SUN SAFE!
Contact IMPACT Melanoma to schedule a consultation to get started on developing your individualized program. IMPACT Melanoma will help you create an effective sun safety policy and protect your workforce against harmful UV rays. We provide educational materials and resources, along with e-learning programs to teach your employees about the importance of sun safety while on the job.
- Schedule a staff training on “Skin Cancer 101” to teach your employees about the risks of UV radiation, and how to protect themselves on and off the job.
- Equip your staff with UV-protective clothing and accessories to keep their skin safe from dangerous UV rays. IMPACT Melanoma has a variety of UV-protective products and clothing which can be co-branded with your logo.
- Invest in hands-free sunscreen dispensers for your worksites. We offer sunscreen dispensers that are weather-resistant and customizable with sun protective messaging.
- Provide temporary shade structures for job sites that don’t already have natural shade available.