Chat with us, powered by LiveChat


Jason “Jay” Farley was the loving son of Gary and Brenda and was a best friend and big brother to Matt Farley. Jay had several relatives and friends that he loved all so dearly. Jay was raised in Methuen, MA and attended Central Catholic High School with the class of 2001 and Salve Regina University in Rhode Island with the class of 2005. Jay also had an incredible love for all animals especially his Bull-mastiff, Otis. Jay was so full of life. He was funny, kind, extremely generous and had a great sense of humor. He was loved by many. Jay loved spending time fishing and playing Poker with his friends. He especially enjoyed entering several Poker tournaments and spending his summer months in Las Vegas for The World Series Of Poker Events.

On March 4, 2013 one month after his 30th birthday, Jay suffered a severe seizure. He was taken to Mass General Hospital in Boston where he spent three weeks. Several test and biopsies revealed 20 plus inoperable tumors on his brain and 1 on his lung. The diagnosis was Stage IV Metastatic Melanoma and he was given just 4 months to live. At this time, he was put on several medications including high doses of steroids and Zelboraf. Radiation began immediately.

In June of 2013 tumors began to shrink and Jay was taken off the steroids and Zelboraf to qualify for the new PD1 trial. At the end of the month, tests revealed 1 new tumor on the brain and he was disqualified by the drug company from this trial. At this time, he was put back on steroids and started the Mek/Tafinlar Combo along with more brain radiation. At that junction Jay was given only 2 weeks to live. In September of 2013, Jay’s test showed the brain tumors were stable but the tumor on his lung grew to fist size with a large blood clot attached to it. Jays only chance of survival was to start a risky radiation treatment to the lung, but chances of surviving that procedure were slim due to the close proximity of the heart. Jay refused to give up and decided he would take this risk. He was determined to at least be able to celebrate one more Christmas with his family and friends. The tumor shrank just enough and we had an amazing Christmas and New Years with family and friends. On January 24, 2014, tests revealed that the tumor was large again and that there was nothing more they could do for him. All medicines had to be stopped and he was given just days to live.

Jay lost his 10 month courageous battle on January 28, 2014 at MGH surrounded by his family and friends. It was Jay’s wish that we start raising money to help with research and awareness for this terrible disease.

He will forever remain in our hearts and never be forgotten!

Last Name

Learn About Melanoma

Dangers of Tanning

Sunscreen Dispensers

Protecting Babies from the Sun

For Spa & Salon Professionals

UV Safe School Curriculum

Sun Protection For Outdoor Workers

Sun Safe College Campus

Billy's Buddies & Support Groups

Melanoma Symposiums