Shade enables your body to cool down naturally.
Shade can prevent overheating to avoid heat related illness.
Shade can block harmful UV rays, a primary cause of skin cancer.
Four Priorities for our IMPACT Shade Program
- Raising awareness about the importance of shade.
- Offering ways for people to ‘catch shade’ via portable structures.
- Funding the availability of shade across the country (via portable, permanent and natural shade), especially in urban areas.
- Advocating for adopting policies where shade needs to be incorporated into urban development and parks & recreation.
Not all sources of shade effectively block harmful UV rays
While shade enables our bodies to cool down naturally, shade can also block harmful UV rays, a primary cause of skin cancer.
Natural Shade: Trees
- A large, leafy tree is a great source of shade, especially at midday when the sun is overhead.
- Trees take a long time to grow, so are not a quick solution to providing shade.
- Not everyone has access to trees, especially in many urban areas.
- Portable shade can be a useful alternative.
- Many tents, umbrellas and other portable shade products do not effectively block UVA and UVB rays that can cause skin cancer.
A 2003 study found that the amount of UV light reaching someone under an umbrella can be up to 84 percent of the level in the full sun.
Providing quality, portable shade.
Why Zinnia Sun Shades are a great source of portable shade:
Zinnia Sun Shades offer UPF 50 (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) sun protection in its fabrics. UPF 50+ fabric blocks 98% of the sun’s rays.
Additional benefits of Zinnia Sun Shades:
Expands and contracts while staying in place.
Lightweight and Portable
A lightweight shoulder bag holds all the parts: poles, pegs and fabric canopy for your portable shade.
Connect multiple Zinnia Sun Shades as the design enables multiple Zinnia Sun Shades to be connected to create a larger shady spot. Ideal for a bigger gathering or a little league team!
Save 20% on your Zinnia Sun Shade order by entering the promo code IMPACT Shade.
Visit Zinnia Sun Shade website
Enter to win!
Enter our social media #CATCHShade contest.
Submit a picture of where you would like to #CATCHShade and enter to win a Zinnia Family Sun Shade valued at $299.
3 Ways You Can Help Prevent Skin Cancer and Save Lives
Help fund portable shade structures and help us in advocating for shade in urban planning.
Purchase portable shade structures to protect you and your loved ones from harmful UV rays that can cause skin cancer.
Purchase portable shade structures and donate them to a local park, parks & recreation, youth center, school, etc.