As we roll into summer, IMPACT is so pleased by the progress we’ve made with all of our wonderful sponsors and community advocates to help expand the access and utilization of sunscreen throughout towns and cities near and far. Here’s an ongoing list of places you can find our automatic sunscreen dispensers.
City of Worcester
Supported by Councilor Kathleen Toomey
Sponsored by City of Worcester and UMASS Chan Medical School advocated by Christopher Fay
- 15 dispensers at 11 High SVI (Social Vulnerability Index—Social vulnerability refers to the potential negative effects on communities caused by external stresses on human health.) public parks
- 11 dispensers at 7 Worcester Housing Authority
- 10 dispensers at 6 locations for city workers
- 1 dispenser at the Senior Center
- 10 dispensers at Polar Park funded by the WooSox
- 17 dispensers across 7 Towns
- Chelmsford (Roberts Field, Varney Park, and Heart Pond
- Bedford (Tot Lot, Sabourin Field, Depot Park, and Springbrook Park)
- Concord (Hunt Recreation Center and Visitor Center)
- Maynard (Alumni Field and Maynard High School)
- Hudson (Riverside Tennis Courts, Centennial Beach, and Assabet River Trail)
- Westford (Forge Beach, Elliot McElliogott Park, and East Boston Camps)
- Acton (Discovery Museum)
City of Gloucester
5 funded through Dermatology and Skin Health Dr. Gary Mendese
6 funded through Health Department
- 11 dispensers total
- Grace Center (1)
- Action Inc Emergency Shelter (1)
- Wingaersheek Beach (1)
- On the Boulevard (2)
- Good Harbor Beach (2)
- Plum Cove Beach (1)
- Niles Beach (1)
- Stage Fort Park (2)
City of Boston
Funded by MassGeneral Brigham Department of Dermatology going on our 4th year of partnership.
Matt O’Malley passed the torch to At Large City Councilor Erin Murphy who is dedicated to expanding the project to provide dispensers to all districts in the city. Park and Recreation continue to work with IMPACT to facilitate 10 new locations in areas of inequity.
- 28 sites throughout the city.
Also new this year is a Sun Safety Station on the Greenway, which will be out for the public to utilize from June 15-August 15 with a sun-safety day celebration which will provide education to the community on June 23 from 12-3 on the Greenway.
Providing a Sun Safety Station at Millennium Park this year!
Pennsylvania State Parks
We’re going into our 5th year with Bureau of State Parks funded by the Department of Health.
Ryan Dysinger | Assistant Director
Bureau of State Parks
Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Brenda Anastasio, RN, BSN
PA Comprehensive Cancer Control Program Director
Department of Health | Cancer Prevention and Control
- 23 existing parks with the addition of 12 new parks this year. Those parks include:
- Frances Slocum
- Moraine (2 – North Shore and South Shore beaches)
- Raccoon Creek
- Blue Knob
- Greenwood Furnace
- Hills Creek
- A total of 35 State Parks housing 75 sunscreen dispensers!
And we’re still working to bring more to locations all around the country. If you’re interested in exploring our Practice Safe Skin program and how you can help bring sunscreen to your community, please reach out! We’d love to hear from you.